If the only time you think about money is in a capital campaign you might be in trouble.
Most preachers hate to talk about money. We shy away from the subject fearing that if we talk about money and giving we will drive people away. Yet if you are not fully funded and cannot do the ministry you feel God has called you to do you won’t reach the people you want. We work through the reticence about talk of money when we are in a capital campaign because we know we must raise the funds. Why don’t we have a similar attitude when it comes to making the annual budget?
“Pastors need to stop thinking about giving only when they are in a capital campaign and think about it 365 days a year.”
Dr. Ronnie Floyd the pastor of Cross Church of Northwest Arkansas made that comment to me a few years ago. He is correct. The pastors that think this way tend to be fully funded in every area of their ministries not simply when it comes time for a capital campaign.
“I am just as concerned about this Sunday’s offering as I am your capital campaign.”
That is what I told a group of laypeople recently when I was making a presentation to them about partnering on their upcoming capital campaign. I am not a capital campaign consultant. I am a giving strategist that can help you in all aspects of giving including your capital campaign. As I told this group, it doesn’t do you any good to raise the funds for your new building if you can’t pay the electric bill.
We work with you to increase giving both in your capital campaign as well as your regular giving.
We keep our eye on all your giving and work to see an increase in each area. One reason we do this is that any capital campaigns strength is built upon the foundation of your regular giving. So, you must always have your eye on increasing giving and givers. That is what we help our clients do.
Charis clients get total giving help not just capital campaign help.
When you partner with us you get our program for weekly giving called, Giving365
Here is what you get with Giving365…
- Weekly editions of The Stewardship Coach containing key thoughts, advice and plans.
- Weekly offering talks to increase giving during the offering.
- Access to all my past webinars dealing with every giving topic you can think of!
- Monthly sample email and direct mail letters that will increase giving.
- Direct access to The Stewardship Coach through emails so that ALL your questions are answered!
- Social Media advice, strategies and suggestions to connect with donors and increase giving!
- All manuals and e-books for free like “The Successful Easter Giving Plan,” “The Fully Funded Summer,” The Maximized Annual Campaign,” “How to Increase End of Year Giving” and more that each sell for $9.95!
No stewardship firm offers more help for giving across all your platforms as we do.
Let us help you raise the maximum amount in your next capital campaign but also help you meet your budget needs weekly! We are ready to get started towards helping you be fully funded!
Mark Brooks – The Stewardship Coach