There is nothing worse than a failed campaign which is why you should do a feasibility study BEFORE your next capital campaign. We tell our clients that they never have to recover from a good start. All too often a capital campaign fails before it ever gets off the ground. Feasibility studies help avoid an explosion that could derail more than just the project you are trying to raise funds for.
What is a feasibility study? It is an exhaustive overview that will help you more clearly understand the issues that you must deal with BEFORE the campaign commences. It will give you a better read on what is capable in terms of commitments. It will show you if the vision of your campaign is tracking with your leaders.
Feasibility studies help you answer these crucial questions…
- Is the vision for the campaign clear and most of all compelling?
- What questions are in the mind of your donors that might cause them to sit this campaign out?
- What issues does your church have that might cause the campaign to blow up?
- Is your target fund raising goal realistic?
- Is the timing right for your leaders or do you need more time?
Do you know the answers to the above questions? A feasibility study is the best way to answer the questions listed above.
A question left unanswered WILL impact your campaign! Unanswered questions are roadblocks in the way of your donors being able to think and pray aggressively about your vision and the “ask” that funds that vision. If the vision doesn’t make sense or I have questions that are unanswered I will not give to that vision. More campaigns are blown up by a lack of understanding the questions of donors than perhaps any other issue. A feasibility study helps you answer those questions.
What are the objectives of feasibility studies? It is…
- Test the level of understanding and enthusiasm for the vision that needs funding.
- Surface anything (actual or potential problems) that must be addressed before they impact results negatively.
- Help to cultivate potential donors.
What are the outcomes? To provide you with…
- A detailed written report will be provided for church leaders of our findings. Giving you …
- A reasonable indication of the commitment level; the degree to which supporters are committed to the church.
- A key listing of members views regarding the church’s present status and future development.
- A more defined idea of the potential donor universe.
- A heightened level of excitement about the church’s future.
A well designed and implemented feasibility study is a must if you want to assure yourself of a successful campaign. Call us today and we can talk to you about how you can begin the process for your own feasibility study. Don’t risk failure with the unknown! Don’t risk your campaign blowing up before you even launch it.