One major reason churches see giving decline is due to procrastination! Giving is the last thing on most pastors and staff member’s minds. Thus it is the last thing that gets done. What results is poor planning and thus a serious loss of dollars that in turn impacts missions and ministry.
Why is it that this procrastination occurs? There are many reasons but here are a few…
- The tyranny of the urgent. Most pastors and staff are overwhelmed with all the duties and tasks they have. Something has to give and typically that is any planning towards increasing giving.
- The disdain for dealing with money issues. Poll after poll shows that pastors and staff members hate dealing with stewardship issues. What we don’t like to talk about never gets talked about!
- Lack of ownership. As a result of stewardship not being a favorite of any staff member the result is no one owns it. What is not owned by someone inevitably falls through the cracks.
- Uncertainty over what to do. Seminaries and Bible Colleges simply don’t teach stewardship. As a result few know what to do and thus do nothing or at best procrastinate.
Whatever the reason for putting off stewardship planning the real reason is simply poor planning! Procrastination might be the cause but the end result of poor planning is failing to fully fund your budget.
Are you procrastinating over building out a plan to be fully funded? The real question is not what another pastor is doing or not doing. The question is what are you doing? You know that giving is a continual challenge. Since The Great Recession this has been an even greater challenge. What are you doing right now to assure that your church will be fully funded this year?
Don’t just sit there, do something! All of the above reasons for procrastination are simply excuses to hide poor planning! Right now you can do something about that!
I can help you right now! My focus is upon total stewardship. It is time to stop thinking about a plan to raise funds and start implementing a plan of action. I can help you if…
- You need a capital campaign to raise funds for any project or debt reduction. For more information contact Tom Holloway our Director of Marketing at Tom@TheCharisGroup.org
- You need weekly help increasing your giving. I have a monthly membership plan that gives weekly advice and counsel. I can promise you that my plan is more personalized and cheaper than any others out there. Get off the Rocket and get real help! To find out more go to webpage http://thestewardshipcoach.org/
- You need specific plans for specific events and needs. I have several plans that can help you at various times of the year. I just released my “2014 Fully Funded Summer,” manual. It and my other manuals can be found at http://thestewardshipcoach.org/store/
Stop procrastinating and do something now or your giving will decline! The time to act is now. I have made it easy and affordable for you to get the help you need. Contact us right now to end one major reason churches see giving decline!
Mark Brooks – The Stewardship Coach
Founder and President
The Charis Group and Charis Giving Solutions