Find Out How to Potentially Raise 40% More
Find out how to potentially raise 40% more for your church by reading this post! Would that statement be enough to keep you reading? Let me explain how this might be possible for your church.
I was on a webinar recently where the expert sharing stated that charities that use Social Media raise 40% money than those that don’t. Of course that got me thinking about the church. What if by using Social Media you could see an increase of 40% in your giving? As we move closer to the end of year and you are struggling to make the budget, a good Social Media strategy might just make all the difference in the world.
Practical Steps for Using Social Media to Raise Dollars – Here are some key ideas on how this might work for you. Consider…
- First set up Social Media accounts for your church and begin posting continual updates and pictures. There is nothing worse than an out of date web page or a Social Media site left unposted. Use the tool and it will bring results.
- Consider an account for each major ministry of your church. I would also considering having one for the Senior Pastor and perhaps the Student Pastor. With ministries you might have one for your Children’s Ministry, one for Student Ministry and one for Senior Adults.
- Regularly mention your Social Media accounts in all your other links and announcements. You have to drive traffic to your account.
- Make sure someone at every church event is taking pictures and videos. Nothing tells your story like pictures of your members involved in ministry. This alone will keep members coming back to the site.
- Use Social Media to announce upcoming ministry and mission events. You might show pictures of the same event from last year.
- Every time you have a major event post news of the event and pictures for people to see.
- Encourage participation from those that visit your sites by allowing them to post comments and their own pictures of church events.
- Use Social Media to raise funds to support missions and ministry. Frequently make statements like, “Without the faithful donations of members like you, mission events like this would never happen. Thank you for your gifts!”
- Have a link on your Social Media pages back to your giving portal so that people touched by your story and pictures can give to support that work.
- The bottom line is to tell your story and link ministry to giving. The more money we raise the more ministry we can do.
I love the picture at the top of this post. In a planning meeting with this church who is a client of mine, South Biscayne Church, I mentioned that I loved the Facebook posts they were using and in particular that picture. I then said, “Why not post that picture with a statement that said, “Your faithful gifts allow us to experience moments like this.” Then add the link to your giving portal. Within two minutes a staff member had posted on Facebook just that!
This past Sunday night at my church, Gwinnett Church a satellite of North Point Community, our campus pastor, Jeff Henderson, shared a message in which he talked about using Social Media as a tool to invite people. You can find the link to that message here http://gwinnettchurch.org/messages/for-gwinnett-series/the-gap/
Jeff in his sermon after pointing out how cool Social Media was asked, “Do you know how much this cost us? Nothing!’ Think about it, for nothing you can potentially raise 40% this year through Social Media.
As my favorite chef Ina Garten says, “How cool is that?”
Mark Brooks- The Stewardship Coach
Founder and President, The Charis Group and Charis Giving Solutions
PS. To find out more about how to use Social Media download my book, “The Digital Church,” for free at http://thecharisgroup.net/digital-church/